cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "DURDINA Michal" <Michal.Durd...@assetsoft.sk>
Subject RE: Design of unmarshaling sitemap component
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:15:35 GMT

Yes, keeping everything in XML and using XSLT would also realize the transformation. Given
that it would involve a XSL stylesheet that will do all the computations. Such a stylesheet
would not be easy to write and it will be probably too complex to maintain. Using Java for
computation on input XML should be more straightforward and using jxtemplate for outputing
the resulting XML gains from clear view how the resulting XML will look like. Performance
was not the main requirement as the source generation occures only once and then it is cached
although this should perform better than XSLT.

I already started the implementation and have first version of such a component implemented
as a transformer (case A.). I hope it will meet my requirements and we will profit form this
kind of concept.

Thank you for comment,
Michal