cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:54:30 GMT
Il giorno 28/lug/04, alle 12:59, Vilya Harvey ha scritto:

> Ugo Cei wrote:
>> Il giorno 28/lug/04, alle 09:56, Vilya Harvey ha scritto:
>>> Interesting idea. Just out of curiosity, why Groovy and not
>>> JavaScript?
>> I wrote it in my RT, because it's trendy ;-)
>
> Fair enough. :-) Do you intend to use Groovy in other places
> throughout Butterfly, or just for the sitemap? It would be nice to be
> able to use it for flow control, form validators/event handlers, etc.

Flowscript is what comes to mind at first. I think we have already
(thanks to Antonio) most of what is needed, except continuations. But
as far as the sitemap is concerned, I'm not that fond of Groovy to
really push it as *the* alternative to XML. It's just something that is
available now to experiment new ideas without having to do a BDUF(1) or
write a lot of code. Don't get so focused on the pros and cons of
Groovy that you fail to see the forest instead of the trees ;-).

	Ugo

1: Big Design Up-Front

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/