cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Private Branches
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:41:18 GMT
On 29 Jul 2004, at 20:20, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> My proposal is to create a private branch for every committer that
> wants it and place it in
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/private/[id]

> Thoughts?

I know I'm at the verge of becoming a traditionalist, but IMHO we
should never create personal freewheeling areas for reasons of false
ownership feelings and oversight. Who has still some sort of
semi-complete knowledge coverage over the Cocoon source trees? Wouldn't
that become even harder with these private directories?

We should be able to contain such stuff into a clearly marked, but
not-tied-to-a-person area. The ASF infrastructure shouldn't serve as a
personal backup solution, no?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org