cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] Private Branches
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:20:49 GMT
I've been a strong believer in 'internal innovation', which means to
give room for people to experiment.

We have now migrated onto SVN, which unlike CVS, has a great deal of
support for moving things around and merging different parts of the tree
together.

My proposal is to create a private branch for every committer that wants
it and place it in

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/private/[id]

The reason for this is:

  1) allow people to experiment in their own place
  2) allow stuff to happen without giving the impression that it is a
"fork" or that the status quo is in danger
  3) give the feeling of some privacy

For example, I have a new version of linotype I'm working on that I
would like to host there instead of my own CVS server.

And Ugo is playing with Butterfly, which should be there instead on
"branches" alongside the "cocoon 2.1.6" branch!!

Thoughts?

--
Stefano.