cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:51:28 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Suppose you have an IDE for Cocoon where you need to read the sitemap and
> show the user it in a GUI. This is my point. The XML version will be
> easier.
Easier to read or easier to implement the display component? So what if
the displaying component is easier to implement if you make it harder
for user to create a sitemap without it.

If we were creating a commercial product with GUIs all over the place I
would agree: it is better to create easily parsable format and provide a
gui for it. But not in this case. We do not have a GUI and won't have
for a long time.

> As many of you know, I also work in Druid project and there we have a XML
> internal representation of a DB. This is easier to manage and create than
> a other format.
One of my project contains about 35 entities right now. After it started
growing I resigned from mapping my entities manually in XML and started
to use XML. I have no nightmares anymore :)