cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:04:29 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Tony Collen wrote:
>
>> Corin Moss wrote:
>>
>>> I guess if you'd
>>> really like a Groovy based sitemap declaration, then existing XML
>>> sitemaps could be pre-parsed into Groovy?
>>

>> Ugo and I were just talking about this on IRC.  There's pretty much a
>> 1-1 correspondence with the sitemap and the proposed syntax.  We were
>> bouncing ideas off each other and he came up with the idea of doing
>>
>> Sitemap XML -> XSLT -> Groovy Syntax
>

> Why stop half way and live with one more interpreter's penalty? Convert
> straight to Java - works faster and less memory consumption!
> And we are back on square one ;-P

wait!

there is a huge difference between "transform it one to move on" and
"transform it every time".

The XML syntax makes sense only when you want to process the sitemap
iteself via pipeline (for example, to generate an SVG poster of it via XSLT)

And makes sense if you want to prevent people from adding scripting
inside the pipelines (well, actions are kinda like scripting aren't they)

but other then that...

--
Stefano.