cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:15:35 GMT
Corin Moss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Speaking from the perspective of a Cocoon user with a probably larger
> than normal install base, I'd be _very_ scared about upgrading to a new
> version of Cocoon if my old sitemaps don't work.  I realise that the
> work you're doing is research focused, but I still think a bit of
> pragmatism is in order.  IMHO the new version of Cocoon should at the
> very least allow me to use my existing sitemaps as is.  I guess if you'd
> really like a Groovy based sitemap declaration, then existing XML
> sitemaps could be pre-parsed into Groovy?

Ugo and I were just talking about this on IRC.  There's pretty much a
1-1 correspondence with the sitemap and the proposed syntax.  We were
bouncing ideas off each other and he came up with the idea of doing

Sitemap XML -> XSLT -> Groovy Syntax

That way we'd be able to maintain backwards compatibility as well.

Tony