cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Butterfly Manifesto (was Re: [RT] Spring+JMX == Real Blocks?)
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:20:10 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

>> Let's not mix concerns: cocoon has few tests, agreed, but this has
>> nothing to do with the architecture.
>
> It does in the sense that you can't prove that you haven't "broken" it.

Avalon is not the reason why people didn't write tests for cocoon. This
is an open source project and a do-ocracy: if you think tests are
important, write them and contribute them. We never said "no, go away
with your stupid tests".

My point is not if tests are good or bad, my point is tests and
architectural decisions are two orthogonal concerns and should be kept
separate.

--
Stefano.