cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Butterfly Manifesto (was Re: [RT] Spring+JMX == Real Blocks?)
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:33:58 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> <snip>
>

>> Ugo,
>>
>> tests help but don't really buy us anything: have a community that is
>> strong and diverse enough to do the regression testing for us.
>

> In a commercial world this would sound like :
> "Have enough customers that are willing to put up with the bugs we
> could (might) have caught with better unit-test coverage".
>
> That doesn't sound so positive anymore now does it?

You're right, in a commercial world. But Cocoon is OS and one of the
strengh of OS is testing by its community. The users always find bugs
that the programmer who has to write a test would never have expected.
What we should try to achieve is that every bug fix is supported by a
JUnit or Anteater test so that it can't happen twice.

--
Reinhard