cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: The Butterfly Manifesto (was Re: [RT] Spring+JMX == Real Blocks?)
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:49:05 GMT

Ugo Cei wrote:
> Il giorno 12/lug/04, alle 18:23, Marc Portier ha scritto:
>
>> think so too, just needs more wild thinking and somebody doing :-)
>

> Since I'm getting more and more bored with my daytime job, I ended up
> doing something:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ButterflyManifesto
>
> Comments are welcome, flames > /dev/null.

boredom is a great motivator!

given your earlier pro-spring posts I assume you want to (initially)
attack this from that angle?

regarding the blocks issue however we will also need to cover
classloading-shielding (spring doesn't do it afaik) and I'ld really like
us to do that based on jars in a merlin-like repo (just like merlin does
it)

(actually I need something like that for my -not so boring- job by the
end of this year somewhat)

in any case, (as much as time allows) I'ld like to be following and
helping out where appropriate, you're in the spot to arrange the agenda
though...

-marc=