cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:55:29 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> I mean: do not allow labels on internals of VPC / do not process such
>> labels. For the purposes of view creation, consider VPC as an atomic
>> component.
>

> Why? what does this buy you?

It buys clean SoC: Virtual components then *are* components, and are not
distinguishable from the rest of components (and I regard this as one of
the top features  VPCs can have :-)), and sitemap works with VPCs as
with regular components, without any assumptions or hacks.

> I agree that in case of label collision the VPC as a whole should take
> precedence, but I don't see any reason to avoid labels to be hidden.
>
> views are very useful for debugging, VPCs will be much less useful if
> you can't debug them along with your system.

Ok, I won't cry if VPCs will support views, one way or another... But, I
don't think it should be showstopper if view processing with labels
within VPCs will be too hard to implement.

Vadim