cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:30:40 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>I'll try to summarize what we've got so far (as far as I interpret this
>thread :) ):
>
>A VPC (virtual pipeline component) is like a macro (I didn't find a better
>term);

I'm not sure I agree with this approach... I prefer to see VPC opaque to
the label processing, internals of the VPC should not be considered when
processing a view request.

Also, if you have virtual generator "x" defined, what will be the result
of serviceManager.lookup(Generator.ROLE).select("x")?

<snip/>

>The VPC from above resolves two sources (the src and the stylesheet).
>The stylesheet should imho be resolved relative to the sitemap where
>the VPC is defined.
>The src ("blah") should refer to a source that is relative to the sitemap
>of the Usage.

That's what would I expect, and most users, I guess, too would expect
this behavior. How can we achive this?

Vadim