cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Guido Casper <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Marking internal classes
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:42:58 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Unico Hommes wrote:
>> Guido Casper wrote:
>>> Sorry, I think I was not clear (my fault). I intended the vote to be
>>> about marking (like within javadocs) either:
>>> -internal classes
>>> or (the opposite):
>>> -published classes
>>> The first is what Vadim suggested and most simple to do (there are
>>> just a few internal classes).
>>> The latter opens the door to further classify classes/interfaces.
>> OK, I get it now. Let's start with marking internal classes then. This
>> is what is needed most ATM in order to allow the cocoon internals to
>> more freely evolve.
> +1

So I summarize that there is a strong preference to marking internal
classes and let "public" be the default.

I'll remove my crappy doclet task then. I wasn't very happy about it
anyway. I'll continue thinking about better ways to document the various
APIs at different levels.

Maybe they should just be separated into different Java packages.

View raw message