cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Marking internal classes
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:30:14 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Guido Casper wrote:

>> So maybe it's a good idea to first have a quick vote about whether to
>> mark internal classes as such or to mark "published
>> classes/interfaces" as such (and then decide how to mark them).
>

> +1
>
> I also propose to separate the cocoon.jar into two parts: One that
> contains all interfaces that can be implemented and all classes that can
> be used or extended and a second jar that contains the rest which is
> only used internally. After migrating to Suversion this can be done
> without breaking the history because this will also require some file
> moving. IMO this step is necessary to separate our blocks from Cocoon
> core, isn't it?

That's what was already proposed 6 month ago when discussing the 2.2
layout. Separation of classes into API, core, private and public classes
(and several ones for the blocks). I'm still +1 for that.

I've also seen (again) some discussion about using Maven (which would
help building multiple jars just easy).

--
Giacomo Pati