cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Marking internal classes
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:50:57 GMT
Guido Casper wrote:

>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>>> In all other situations, Carsten is right - this might cause
>>> backward incompatibility. This is important for user-facing classes.
>>> Should we start marking classes as internal, like
>>> "<b>INTERNAL!!!</b>" in javadoc or some such?
>>

>> What about introducing @cocoon.usage tags I proposed a while ago like:
>> @cocoon.usage published
>>
>> or:
>> @cocoon.usage flowscript
>>
>> etc.
>>
>> This might someday also be used to generate separate Javadocs for
>> different APIs.
>

> Hm, noone (but me :-) seems to like the idea.

;-)

> So maybe it's a good idea to first have a quick vote about whether to
> mark internal classes as such or to mark "published
> classes/interfaces" as such (and then decide how to mark them).

+1

I also propose to separate the cocoon.jar into two parts: One that
contains all interfaces that can be implemented and all classes that can
be used or extended and a second jar that contains the rest which is
only used internally. After migrating to Suversion this can be done
without breaking the history because this will also require some file
moving. IMO this step is necessary to separate our blocks from Cocoon
core, isn't it?

--
Reinhard