cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:57:05 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>> We also have to define how views behave with virtual components, and
>>> I admit not to have a clear idea on this subject...
>>

>> Hmmm, I don't see a real issue. A view is a label reaction and a
>> virtual serializer. I expect people to use virtual serializers in
>> views, instead of placing transformers in a view.
>

> Ok, I should have been clearer about this: should labels defined on
> components inside a VPC be considered in the process of finding a view
> branch point? I mean, should we only consider the labels on the "main"
> sitemap components, or should we consider also those inside the VPCs?
>
> Also, when a VPC has the label corresponding to the chosen view, should
> we look inside that VPC to see if one of its constituents holds the same
> label and start the view from that inner point, or just consider the
> final output of the VPC, regardless of what labels are used inside it?

hmmm, good point.

here is my suggestion: a vpc is just syntax sugar, it should not change
the semantics. this means that internal labels should be treated as just
if they were external.

the only issue is with collisions and here I think overloading should
apply: if the label is on the vpc and the vpc itself includes a
component that has the same label, the output of the whole vpc will be
sent to the view.

thoughts?

--
Stefano