cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:29:03 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> We also have to define how views behave with virtual components, and
>> I admit not to have a clear idea on this subject...
>

> Hmmm, I don't see a real issue. A view is a label reaction and a
> virtual serializer. I expect people to use virtual serializers in
> views, instead of placing transformers in a view.

Ok, I should have been clearer about this: should labels defined on
components inside a VPC be considered in the process of finding a view
branch point? I mean, should we only consider the labels on the "main"
sitemap components, or should we consider also those inside the VPCs?

Also, when a VPC has the label corresponding to the chosen view, should
we look inside that VPC to see if one of its constituents holds the same
label and start the view from that inner point, or just consider the
final output of the VPC, regardless of what labels are used inside it?

Sylvain