cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:07:47 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> So, to sum up:
> +1 for <map:match>, <map:select> and <map:call resource>
> -1 for <map:act>, <map:redirect-to> and <map:call function> and
> <map:call continuation>

makes sense, +1

> We also have to define how views behave with virtual components, and I
> admit not to have a clear idea on this subject...

Hmmm, I don't see a real issue. A view is a label reaction and a virtual
serializer. I expect people to use virtual serializers in views, instead
of placing transformers in a view.

But I think a view is not just a virtual serializer, so I don't think we
should modify it semantics at all, just expand the virtual serializer if
used (and obviously, still ruling out all kinds of generators).

And if they want to use both virtual transformers and virtual
serializers in the view, well, that's fine.

--
Stefano.