cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/sitemap SitemapComponentSelector.java
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:09:18 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Great work, Sylvain.

Thanks. Hard job as there were explicit dependencies to extensions of
ComponentSelector (SitemapComponentSelector and OutputComponentSelector)
in many places.

These extensions were actually used only to store information internal
to the sitemap (components mime-types and labels), so I handled this
internally (see ProcessorComponentInfo) which allowed the removal of
these extensions.

There still is an ugly hack in ComponentsSelector to manage the
parent/child chaining since WrapperServiceSelector and
WrapperComponentSelector lack some public access to the wrapped
selector. I had no time to locate where is the actual code (is it Avalon
or Excalibur) nor start discussions about the patch.

>Only one question: you also changed the mime-type setting (again):
>
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/componen
>ts/pipeline/AbstractProcessingPipeline.java.diff?r1=1.25&r2=1.26
>
>According to bug 10277 and to the votes we did, we only discussed the mime
>type of the reader, not the mime-type of the serializer.

Well, how could the mime-type handling be different for reader and
serializer?

Additionally, this priorty order seems to me the only one that really
makes sense:
- first check on the <map:read> or <map:serialize> statement (most
specific setting)
- then check on the <map:reader> or <map:serializer> component
declaration (sitemap-wide setting)
- then ask the serializer instance (builtin, system-wide setting)

I also wondered why the pipeline raises a ProcessingException if no mime
type exist on the serializer. Shouldn't we let the servlet engine decide?

>In addition, it seems that you removed one case for the mime-type setting of the reader.

Sorry, what are you referring to?

Sylvain