cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Xindice on Jetty
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:42:42 GMT
Andrew Thornton wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying to get the embedded Xindice working with Cocoon 2.1.5
> on Jetty. All works fine when starting up the servlet engine, and I'm
> able to create and drop collections and resources. However when I
> shutdown the servlet engine and restart it I find that I have lost
> data from the collections tree. Has anyone got any ideas as to how to
> fix this?
>
> (I'm using the standard configuration that comes with Cocoon 2.1.5 for
> this.)

(a) Make sure you'e not using the Xindice command line tools to access
the same database. That will not work, and you'll find collections
disappearing
(b) Make sure you don't store the database within Jetty's work
directory. That gets removed each time jetty restarts. Store it instead,
say, in WEB-INF/db

Regards, Upayavira