cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: sitemap.xmap checking
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:04:54 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Hi,
> I just spent half an hour figuring out why my view was not getting
> called. Then i noticed that i defined the map:views element inside of
> map:components which is ofcourse incorrect.
> This leaves me with the questions:
> 1)why is the sitemap not checked for existing and known elements that
> are defined at the wrong place? (If it does, tell me where the error
> is logged)

<map:components> is a particular thing as it's a component manager
definition just as cocoon.xconf. So what's inside is not limited to
<map:generators> etc, but can contain any other component declaration.

Note however that adding other kind of components here is not an
official feature.

> 2)why is map:views outside of map:components? (other than the fact
> that technically it maybe is not a component)

Because views are not components, both technically and semantically!