cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: convert o.a.c.util.JavaArchiveFilter.java to a inner class
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:19:45 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi:
>
>This class:
>
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/JavaArchiveFilter.java?annotate=1.2
>
>is only used here at line 266:
>
>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/programming/java/JavaLanguage.java?annotate=1.2
>
>I think under this situation we can move it where is needed as a inner class.
>
>WDYT?

It can even be a one-line anonymous inner class!

Although I like the cleanup you're doing, I'm wondering about the
removal of such classes. What if some people have used them in their
projects?

It would be better to deprecate it in 2.2 and remove it in 2.3 as
suggested by Carsten for methods in IOUtils.

Sylvain