cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: Migrating Processor & Pipeline to ServiceManageable
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:43:18 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>
> <snip/>

>> Btw. The only code I use from the treeprocessor is the variable
>> resolver stuff. I think this code is of general enough interest to
>> dedicate its own subpackage for (away from treeprocessor). I noticed
>> Carsten currently has duplicated that code in the portal block. WDYT?
>

> I use the variable resolver also ;-) For now I changed it so that it
> accepts both ServiceManager and ComponentManager.
>
> IMO, we should not make a component with the variable resolver, but
> some utility class providing some common base resolution (e.g. input
> modules) yet allowing extensions in the places where it is used (e.g.
> named anchors and parent stack in the sitemap).

I feel the same way. Your plan sounds like a clean solution to me.
Should nested variable resolving be optional though? Perhaps in cases
where it is not needed it would optimize performance to turn it off? It
might be an option when getting a variable resolver from the factory or
else when calling the resolve method on a variable resolver.

--
Unico