cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migrating Processor & Pipeline to ServiceManageable
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:23:55 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

<snip/>

>> Yes, I think migrating everything is the only way :(
>> Most classes are really internal and I think that we could "hide"
>> most incompatible changes in the abstract pipeline class, so
>> if you inherit from that one, there shouldn't be so many
>> changes to do for users.
>>

> I doubt there are (m)any custom pipeline implementations out there. I
> think it shouldn't be a consideration if it means sacrificing code
> transparency. Not that I am saying it I think it will (don't know),
> but if it helps to make the code cleaner or better I prefer
> incompatible changes.

Ok, same thoughts here. I will move the whole thing to Serviceable.

> Btw. The only code I use from the treeprocessor is the variable
> resolver stuff. I think this code is of general enough interest to
> dedicate its own subpackage for (away from treeprocessor). I noticed
> Carsten currently has duplicated that code in the portal block. WDYT?

I use the variable resolver also ;-) For now I changed it so that it
accepts both ServiceManager and ComponentManager.

IMO, we should not make a component with the variable resolver, but some
utility class providing some common base resolution (e.g. input modules)
yet allowing extensions in the places where it is used (e.g. named
anchors and parent stack in the sitemap).

How does this sound?

Sylvain