cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.5 as a FreeBSD port
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:34:17 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi escribió:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Jean-Baptiste Quenot, a colleague of mine, made a FreeBSD port of
>>> Cocoon 2.1.5, replacing the previous one which was based on... Cocoon
>>> 1.8.3!!
>>>
>>> See http://www.freshports.org/textproc/cocoon/
>>>
>>> The port includes a GUI to specify which blocks are to be included by
>>> the build.

Wooohoo!!!! :) :)

This is something that I was thinking about not that long ago, and
discussing it with someone.

>> NICE!! we should put this information on the web!!!
>>
>> There used to be a debian package as well but, again, it was based on
>> 1.8.2!!
>>
>> I would *ROCK* to have a debian package for cocoon and a fink one too ;-)
>>

> on the bug report ( http://bugs.debian.org/221219 ) you can read:
>
> "The problem is that it can not be built without very much hassle on
> a Debian system. The problem is that it depends hard on a specific
> jvm (that do not exist in debian)."

Yep, this is the same problem that I was discussing with someone.
That, and from what I gathered, Debian is pretty pragmatic about
dependencies, so we might run into problems with all the JARs that we
include with the distribution.

The FreeBSD ports idea is pretty cool, and I look forward to when we
have a whole mess of Real Blocks as separate BSD ports.

Tony