cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vilya Harvey <vi...@lineone.net>
Subject Re: ClassCastException in binding framework.
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 08:52:19 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 07.07.2004 18:01, Vilya Harvey wrote:
>
>> With the Cocoon 2.1.5 release, the binding framework throws a
>> ClassCastException if you use anything other than an <fb:value> in the
>> <fb:identity> part of a repeater binding. Is this intentional
>> behaviour, or a bug?
>

> It's a known feature ;-)
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107906438632484&w=4

Thanks for the pointer Joerg, that does explain things a bit.

> It might work for you the same way as I did it here:
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/samples/forms/form2_bind_xml.xml?annotate=1.4#71.

I was trying to do something slightly different from that when I came across
this problem: I wanted an identifier that I could use to distinguish between
different rows in the form, but I only needed it in the form and not in the
XML (i.e. direction="load" rather than direction="save"). I was trying to
use <fb:javascript> inside the <fb:identity> element to generate them. The
workaround I found, in this case, was to get rid of the identity element
altogether and move the javascript into an <fb:on-bind> instead.

Thanks for the reponse,
Vil.
--
             __