cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Migrating to Fortress
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:34:31 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>I think its time to think again about migrating to Fortress for 2.2.
>
>By migrating to Fortress I just mean using Fortress as an ECM replacement.
>So without using meta-data etc. Fortress is able to use the ECM configuration, so from
the user pov there shouldn't be a difference.

That's good, as transparent migration is a key point.

>There shouldn't be any compatibility problems. The only thing I'm not so sure about is
XSP where ComponentHandlers are used. But I'm sure we will find a solution for that as well.

ComponentHandler is called in JavaProgram to create a pool for instances
of the XSP's Class. If Fortress allows to create a similar abstraction
from a Class object, migration shouldn't be a problem.

I'll also update the TreeProcessor to remove the need for Recomposable
which was actually a misuse of the underlying concept.

> <>I forgot that if we move to Fortress, we don't need selectors anymore.

Argh. I just hope that although we no more _need_ them, there's a
compatibility layer for all the code out there that uses selectors.

Sylvain