cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Native JVM Continuations
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:56:16 GMT
James Strachan writes [1]:

"Spent a great afternoon & evening with John Rose from Sun (compiler &
VM team), who's on the Groovy JSR - we've managed to figure out many
of the gremlins in the language. Plus I learnt quite a bit about the
JVM. e.g. it might not be that hard to implement continuations at the
JVM level! Apparently the JVM already does a kind of continuation
internally for optimising bytecode - so if you want native
continuations, hassle the good folks at Sun & raise some bug reports,
maybe we can persuade them to sneak it into 1.6 :). Native Java
continuations would totally rock - and avoid all that inefficient
bytecode swizzling we'd have to do to implement continuations on top
of the JVM."

[1] http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/2004/07/07.html#a490

Regards,

Tony