cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: JDK 1.3.1 compatibility for cvs-head
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:57:31 GMT
On 05.07.2004 15:03, Matthias Stöckel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile a HEAD checkout of cocoon-2.1 and encountered a few
> issues about JDK 1.3.1 compatibility.
>
> - jakarta-bcel-20040329.jar, "NoSuchMethodError" if used with JavaFlow [1].

Are you sure it's the quoted StringBuffer problem? It might also be
caused by a "wrong" bcel on classpath as we have extended the original one.

> - groovy-1.0-beta-5.jar, I get a "class file has wrong version 48.0,
> should be 47.0" during compilation.

This is a known problem and should be fixed.

> - src/java/org/apache/cocoon/acting/HttpCacheAction.java uses the
> Function Calendar.getTimeInMillis(). For JDK 1.3.1 it is protected.

This was added only few day ago and should also be fixed. Pier?

> Can anybode confirm this problems? Could we perhaps agree to use only
> jars in cocoon-2.1 which have been compiled with a JDK 1.3.1?

Yes, we decided to beware 1.3 compatibility as long as we need no
feature of 1.4. The above issues don't make it necessary to switch to 1.4.

Joerg