cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon is not maven! (was Cocoon is not gump)
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:49:41 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> I took a look at maven's mailing list. Their approach to this is to have a
> POM (Project Object Model) for each jar.  From this a maven goal could be
> used to get the source from the correct CVS directly into your own
> repository.  This would, in fact, solve the problem where it should be
> solved.  Unfortunately, I can't find any POMs that seem to have the
> information needed to actually make this work.
>
> Interestingly enough, www.ibiblio.org/maven/cocoon only has builds for
> 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 but not 2.1.5 and doesn't have POMs.  Anyone know who
> builds this stuff?
>
> As for what is in ibiblio or a Cocoon repository, it only has to contain
> stuff that is currently supported.  If I "formally" built something I will
> have a copy of the source in the global repository at my site.

I do agree with one thing, though: it is naive to expect that all
projects will care for proper long-term source availability of all the
artifacts they depend on.

Even if Cocoon does, this is something that we should address at the
foundation level, since it's a much bigger concern.

Hmmm.

--
Stefano.