cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon is not gump!
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:43:03 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> Frankly, this is where maven would really help as all these jars would
>> not be included with the Cocoon distribution but be coming from a
>> central repository.  It would then be just as easy to put a jar of the
>> source in the repository as the binary jar. This would make the
>> problem just disappear.
>
> Just wondering - who will put sources into the maven repository and who
> will maintain it for 30 years?

Exactly.

Look, there is only one approach to digital preservation: make tons of
copies and put enough metadata and unique identifiers to know what you
have in your hands and what is the copy of what else.

Of course, it does not work after a world-wide nuclear holocaust or the
end of oil resources that creates permanent world-wide blackouts, but at
that point, I think maintaining you cocoon application will not be your
biggest concern anyway.

--
Stefano.