cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: question on UnionBinding
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:27:35 GMT
On 01.07.2004 16:32, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>Maybe I'm not understanding your example, but shouldn't all those
>><fb:struct>s be wrapped in <fb:case>s with the same id?  If I understand
>>correctly it's actually the fb:case binding that does conditional
>>processing of its subbindings; the fb:union binding just acts as a dumb
>>container.
>
> *argh* Why I did not see the obvious? You are so right. It works with additional
> <fb:case>s. Thanks for your hint.

But it has another drawback: The model binding is now also load only
conditionally. What I need is to load the whole model but to save only
the one selected. For this I had to add this binding twice: once with
direction="load" as direct child of union binding and once with
direction="save" as child of case binding.

Joerg