cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject JMS block
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:10:07 GMT

I've just committed some refactorings to the JMS block to provide more
generic support for using JMS in cocoon. Previously the JMSConnection
component was specifically geared towards topic subscription and
publishing but did not have support for JMS queuing. Also, it provided a
mix of threadsafe (Connection objects) and singlethreaded (Session,
Publisher) objects. Instead I've introduced a JMSConnectionManager
component that configures, starts, stops and closes JMS Connection
objects. This component therefore replaces the JMConnection component.

According to our versioning manifesto: "An unstable block has an API
that can change without notice." , since the JMS block is unstable we
could remove the JMSConnection component. But perhaps  people using it
in their own code currently or have otherwise objections (I also still
need to rewrite some component in the Slide block). So please let me
know your opinion about it if you have any. Perhaps it is better to go
through deprecation period before first.

--
Unico