cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:40:46 GMT
Leszek Gawron dijo:
> Conal Tuohy wrote:
>
>> Stefano wrote:
>>
>>>The XML syntax makes sense only when you want to process the sitemap
>>>iteself via pipeline (for example, to generate an SVG poster
>>>of it via XSLT)
>>>
>>>And makes sense if you want to prevent people from adding scripting
>>>inside the pipelines (well, actions are kinda like scripting
>>>aren't they)
>>

>> It's also potentially useful for validation.
>>
>> Another thing I like about XML sitemaps is that you can load them in a
>> browser and use + and - buttons to reveal only the sections you want.
> If sitemap was a script code you could use code folding in some IDE and
> get the same results. Even Scite has folding.

Hmm. The highlighting will not be a problem again, eclipse provide it. I
think we can build a syntax highlight for our sitemap based on the
build.xml for Ant.

Look I am not against the idea. I am just trying to see a value in
changing to a script language. Until now I don't see any point.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo