cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <>
Subject Re: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:33:25 GMT
Leszek Gawron dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Conal Tuohy dijo:
>>>It's also potentially useful for validation.
>>>Another thing I like about XML sitemaps is that you can load them in a
>>>browser and use + and - buttons to reveal only the sections you want.
>>>The fact that XML is a common syntax means that there will always be new
>>>things you can with it.
>>>Personally, I like it as XML. :-)
>> I agree. The idea I buyed from XML was that we don't need to add new
>> parsers, easily transformations using XSLT, etc. and that is a point we
>> will lose.
> Have you ever trasformed your sitemap for anything else than
> sitemap2html purpose?
> Even if you need sitemap documenting it would be better to use javadoc
> like tags in some java,grovy,whatsoever code.

Suppose you have an IDE for Cocoon where you need to read the sitemap and
show the user it in a GUI. This is my point. The XML version will be

As many of you know, I also work in Druid project and there we have a XML
internal representation of a DB. This is easier to manage and create than
a other format.

As you note, I am not only talking about a simple rendering. If this will
be the only point, then chaperon can make it without any king of

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

View raw message