cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: convert o.a.c.util.JavaArchiveFilter.java to a inner class
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:06:23 GMT
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Hi:
>>
>>This class:
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/JavaArchiveFilter.java?annotate=1.2
>>
>>is only used here at line 266:
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/programming/java/JavaLanguage.java?annotate=1.2
>>
>>I think under this situation we can move it where is needed as a inner
>> class.
>>
>>WDYT?
>>

> It can even be a one-line anonymous inner class!
>
> Although I like the cleanup you're doing, I'm wondering about the
> removal of such classes. What if some people have used them in their
> projects?
>
> It would be better to deprecate it in 2.2 and remove it in 2.3 as
> suggested by Carsten for methods in IOUtils.

Yep. My idea was the same as you wrote. Sometime ago someone told me that
my english is too many descriptive. Now, I am trying to make a balance
between to much typing and send the right idea. ;-)

You are right, I mean create an anonymous inner class and deprecate the
old one for 2.2 and it will be removed in 2.3

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo