cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:29:31 GMT
Il giorno 28/lug/04, alle 15:11, Carsten Ziegeler ha scritto:

>> It's the implementation that is bugging me: 74 classes are
>> not a small package. Can we do it with less? I hope so.
>>
> Hehe, but you suggested both: a new implementation and a new syntax,
> or?

What happened is that I started thinking about porting the
TreeProcessor to Butterfly and ran away scared at the thought of how
much work it would have cost me ;-) So I went for the path of least
resistance, which at the moment seems to imply a different syntax too.

But after a brief exchange of ideas with Tony it dawned on me that we
could keep the old syntax and transform it to the new on the fly. This
also opens the possibility of using the two syntaxes together, which
might be cool.

Anyway, I have got some inputs from this thread and as soon as I find
some free time, I'll try to distill them in a tentative implementation
that is a little less dumb and half-baked than the current one. For
now, thanks for your precious feedback.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/