cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Mayrhuber <cm...@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at>
Subject Re: Calling web services from Cocoon
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:55:12 GMT
Hi,
sorry for my late reply, I should have noted that I'm only subscribed to
dev-digest.

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 14:29, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Christian Mayrhuber wrote:
> >On Monday 26 July 2004 16:12, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> >Business logic:
> >As java beans or as stubs trough webservices|ejb.
>
> Yes, something like http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/FlowAndWebServices
> would be nice. We are mainly using document-style web services so we
> have not used the stub based approach.
Agreed.

> Are you using the HTTPClient from Jakarta commons?
I'm using the java xml rpc api (J2EE 1.4) with the axis-1.1 jars.
import javax.xml.rpc.*

There is a tutorial on the sun site:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/JAXRPC5.html
The DII client sample may come handy.

> >>I spent some time today trying to test the code with the samples that I
> >>submitted in the bugzilla entry, but the web services that I call from
> >>xmethods.net seemed to be down or at least very slow, anyone knowing
> >>about any other good webservice test sites, preferably with WSDL
> >>descriptions?
> >
> >http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/104-6232418-6223133?node=3435361
> >You need to subscribe as developer, though.
>
> Thanks. I mainly need something that I can use for samples for Cocoon,
> so something that doesn't need subscription would be nice.
>
> /Daniel
You don't need a license for querying, just one for developing.
I'm rather sure that this sort of complicated license would have to be
included/mentioned in the samples.

Google offers webservices, too. It requires a license that allows for 1000
queries a day and restricts you in how to present your sample.
http://www.google.com/apis/

--
lg, Chris