cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: [cforms] xreporter expressions on (Avalon) steroids
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:36:27 GMT
On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 01:27:55PM +0200, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2004, at 7:54 PM, Bruno Dumon wrote:
> >Maybe you could refactor some of that code into java classes that you
> >call from the javascript. Or you can also write the validators directly
> >in Java (which doesn't require declaring them in cocoon.xconf and
> >making
> >builder classes for them, there is also something like <fd:java
> >class="..."/>)
>
> Yup, this solves the language issue but not the architectural one:
> still no avalon context available.

I did not dig in the code much, but I think we could extend an avalon context
to the validators the same way it is done for a FormHandler.  In:
  cocoon-2.1\src\blocks\forms\java\org\apache\cocoon\forms\acting\HandleFormSubmitAction.java
see the line:
  LifecycleHelper.setupComponent(formHandler, null, null, manager, null, null);

Not sure how efficient this would be, but if it gets the job done...

--Tim Larson