cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: question on UnionBinding
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:44:54 GMT
On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 07:27:35PM +0200, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 01.07.2004 16:32, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
<snip remember-to-use-case-with-union-binding/>
> But it has another drawback: The model binding is now also load only
> conditionally. What I need is to load the whole model but to save only
> the one selected. For this I had to add this binding twice: once with
> direction="load" as direct child of union binding and once with
> direction="save" as child of case binding.

That seems is kinda strange, but probably only because your use case
is different than mine.  Could you explain why you need to bind the
non-selected cases so I can understand your use case better?  To put
it another way, what makes your use case need an asymetrical binding?

For example, if you look at the (admittedly needing to be worked on)
Form Model GUI's binding, you will see code that figures out and sets
the union's case based on the actual data that is being bound, and
then that is used by the union and cases to make sure that only the
relevant bindings for the current case get invoked and that the other
bindings do not get invoked.

--Tim Larson