cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: Design of unmarshaling sitemap component
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:06:09 GMT
DURDINA Michal <Michal.Durdina@assetsoft.sk> writes:

> Hi,
> I would like to discuss the design problem of the sitemap
> component. My plan is to develop special let's call it
> transformer for transforming sources for pages written or
> generated by analysts (model) to dynamic pages generating
> required results (implementation). The form of model is
> custom XML according to given XMLSchema and the
> implementation pages should be in form of jxtemplates (or xsp).
>
> The transformation should go like this:
>
> pipeline:
>             additional data
> modelXML -> populated modelXML -> computed model -> jxtemplate source
>
> The intent of the pipeline is to generate executable source
> from model that will generate required dynamic page. The
> trick is that the computed modelXML is not trivial and should
> be implemented as Java OM.

Wow.  You're overall requirements sounds a lot like ours so I'm
interested in how you reached this design?  Given your use of jxtemplate
I can't see that it's performance driven? If not, why not just keep
everything in XML from end to end and use XSLT to derive the computed
model?

<snip>Castor/java implementation issues</snip>