cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: Need hot deployed blocks in 2.1
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:06:50 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> writes:

> <snip/>
>
> >1) someway to update the Cocoon class loader class path info
> >dynamically;
> >

> You should have a look at the ParanoidCocoonServlet : builds
> a shielded
> classloader with jars and classes that can be located anywhere and
> lauches the CocoonServlet inside that classloader.

Cool, this part sounds possible then: extend ParanoidCocoonServlet to
use a class path passed over from JBoss.  Might have to manage a old/new
rewrite of the class path as the JARS redeploy, a bit of a pain, but
basically straight forward.

> >2) someway to reconfigure the Cocoon sitemap to move the
> location of a
> >sub-sitemap dynamically.
> >

> Can you write an input module that gets the deployment
> information from
> jboss, i.e.
>    <map:mount src="{jboss-deployment:myapp}/" uri-prefix="my-app"/>

The Mbean could build a static pointer to the info passed over from
JBoss and this could be picked up from an input module -- that sounds
pretty simple.  The issue then is, would this then be resolved
dynamically by the sitemap processor each time the map:mount is
encountered (or just when the site map is first loaded)?  If it's each
time (and I think it is), then yes, this would do what I need.

> Just throwing in some random thoughts...

Many thanks, these are exactly the kind of ideas I'm looking for.