cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: JDK 1.3.1 compatibility for cvs-head
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:34:08 GMT
Pier Fumagalli <pier@betaversion.org> asks:

<snip>2.2 discussion</snip>

> BTW, anyone knows of any good tool who can generate SHITLOADS of
> requests simulating "real" traffic (maybe from a log file or
> something
> like it).

Can't vouch for it personally, but one of our guys uses

	http://downloads.pushtotest.com/TestMaker409.zip

I suspect it's not quite what you want, from what I know he records a
script of a bunch of actions over the site and this thing plays them
back. It allows staggering the start of some number of identical
scripts, but I don't think you can play back multiple random scripts
which is what I'd want if I was trying to simulate real traffic.  OTOH,
perhaps you can run it from multiple machines each with a different
script (each generating a couple 1000 users or whatever) and get
something at least partially realistic.