cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Is there a way to revert to the old "store"?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 08:30:08 GMT
On 7 Jul 2004, at 23:42, bernhard huber wrote:

> running some tests i had following experiences
>
> A       B
> 100     71ms
> 200    670ms
> 500   4917ms
> 1000 28221ms
>
> A .. number of string entries to be cached
> B .. measured time in ms
>
> Seems that caching time rises not linear using JCS.

FUDGE! That's exactly what I'm seeing. Under heavy loads, but with no
variation of URLs, 2.2 is twice as fast as 2.1.5-dev, when the URLs I
process in Cocoon start varying, then the request time grows
exponentially.

For us 2.1.5 is unusable, and, ok, VNUNET is not your regular
moderately loaded, well designed web site (it's actually a miracle it
stays together :-P ) but this is kinda of a major problem, AFAICS!

For now, just to make sure, I'll put live 2.1.5 with the old cache, and
give it a go. If that works, then we know we have some problems with
JCS under load.

If someone explains how to try out EHCache, I'll be delighted to test
it out as well.

	Pier