cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <>
Subject Re: CForms stylesheets - use of xsl:param and xhtml
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:48:49 GMT

    Bruno> I'm not against the introduction of XHTML, but I want HTML
    Bruno> to remain supported.

    >> If someone wants HTML output, he/she can always add a
    >> namespace-stripping transformation and use the HTML serializer
    >> afterwards.
    >> Ugo

It seems to me that a straight forward solution would be to introduce
a boolean parameter for the HTML serializer, and make it the default, to strip
any xmlns="" namespace nodes.
Then compatibility is maintained, but if for some reason you DID want
these attributes to appear, you could set the parameter to false.
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

View raw message