cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon is not gump! ( was RE: [VOTE] preservation policy for third-party snapshot sources)
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:26:24 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Yep, but keep in mind that we are not talking about rhino here. We are
> talking about more files:
>
> lib/core:
> commons-jexl-1.0-beta-1-20040113.jar   -> currently 116 kB
> commons-jxpath-20030909.jar            -> 266 kB
> jcs-1.0-dev-20040516.jar               -> 318 kB
> rhino1.5r4-continuations-20040627.jar  -> before was 500 kB
...etc

I did not think it was about *these* snapshots too. I thought it was
about snapshots of stuff that we had modified somehow and the code of
which was hard to find or build. (see for example excalibur stuff when
there was confusion about it's future)

If what Antonio has written is the case, consider my vote a -1, as we
should not be distributing sources of things that can and should be
easily gotten elsewhere, *especially* is 'elsewhere' is still in Apache.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -