cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [VOTE] preservation policy for third-party snapshot sources
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:55:08 GMT

> 2/ keep sources as a separate zip file. This allows to distribute
> binary-only jars, and we can dig the Cocoon CVS to get the corresponding
> sources when needed.
This option is the least intrusive to users who are not interested in
sources. Developers will have CVS checkouts anyway instead of the
"binary" distribution so it seems like the logical thing to do.
It will however require some discipline to keep things synchronized
(especially when running custom patched versions of 3rd party libs) but
i'm sure that @dev is fully aware of this :)

> [ ] do not keep sources
> [x] keep sources as separate zip files
> [ ] keep sources in jar files