cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The Cocoon Handbook
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:00:42 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 25.06.2004 19:12, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>> The problem is that it requires storing the sxw as a binary file,
>>> which doesn't help to track changes.
>>
>> Come on guys HTML, HTML, HTML! Forrest *already* can use HTML!
>
> Why that low-level? You don't have a real page structure then, it's to
> loose IMO.

HTML is not more low level than Document-DTD, and the h1s, h2s, h3s, etc
are transformed internally in sections.

Why HTML? Because everybody knows html, there are tons of books on it,
and virtually every editor can read and write html. And our primary
output is HTML.

> Don't forget Helma's effort on that:
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Cocoon215TOC

Sure won't, thanks for the link :-)