cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: >*Cough*< Download Size >*Cough*<
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:25:23 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that when "Real Blocks" [1] are functional, you'll only
> have to download the blocks you want, so a default core Cocoon will
> generally be all you get.  Of course, who knows how far off Real Blocks
> are :)
>
> [1] http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=GT2003RealBlocks
>
> Tony

What about having all the blocks in JAR or ZIP file format on the server
with an ANT task to download and determine what we need.  That way only
the blocks we want are still downloaded, and we don't necessarily change
the archive structure.  The thought being that the ANT task would
download and unzip the source block in the proper location in the
archive.

                 - Rich Cook