cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject >*Cough*< Download Size >*Cough*<
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:53:43 GMT
Is there any reason the Cocoon source distribution has to be about the
same size download as a current JVM?  That's a lot to download no matter
how you put it.

I mean I just got DSL, and the fastest I can suck it down in 90KB/s and
weighing in at 45MB download that takes a little over 8.5 minutes.

I can only imagine what it would be like if I was still on dial-up: over
2 hours with a good connection.

To tell the truth that is a little intimidating to me.  It almost seems
as if there is 45MB of stuff to understand before I can be productive
(I know this is not the case, but consider it from a user's
perspective).

Is there anything that can be done to minimize this at all?

                 - Rich Cook